Tag Archives: …
Very Educative : Skeletal structure and function | Muscular-skeletal system physiology | NCLEX-RN | Khan Academy
Very Educative : Permeability and membrane potentials | Circulatory system physiology | NCLEX-RN | Khan Academy
Very Educative : Membrane potentials – part 2 | Circulatory system physiology | NCLEX-RN | Khan Academy
Very Educative : Membrane Potentials – Part 1 | Circulatory system physiology | NCLEX-RN | Khan Academy
Very Import : 05 simple tips to help you DE-STRESS. ( Stress management techniques & Personality Development)
- Link between alcohol consumption and cardiac arrhythmias found in drinkers at the Munich OctoberfestResearchers who studied beer drinkers at the Munich Octoberfest have found that the more alcohol consumed the higher was the likelihood of developing abnormal heart rhythms called cardiac...
- Women with aortic aneurysms fare much worse than men, new study findsMortality rates for women undergoing surgery for abdominal aortic aneurysms are nearly twice those for men, a new study has found.
- Artery-clogging saturated fat myth debunkedContrary to popular belief among doctors and the public, saturated fat does not clog up the arteries and cause coronary heart disease, say researchers.
- Physical activity may ward off heart damagePhysical activity can lower the risk of heart damage in middle-aged and older adults and reduce the levels of heart damage in people who are obese, according to research published in JACC: Heart...
- Vitamin B diminishes effects of air pollution-induced cardiovascular diseaseB vitamins can mitigate the impact of fine particle pollution on cardiovascular disease, according to new research conducted at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health.
- Hot flashes may indicate heart disease riskA new study investigates the link between the hot flashes experienced during menopause, and endothelial function in younger midlife and older women.
- Stem cell drug screen yields potential alternative to statinsScientists at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) have found that a class of heart failure drugs might decrease low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels in patients who do not...
- More gray hair linked to higher risk of heart diseaseA new observational study finds a correlation between the amount of gray hair in adult men and their risk of coronary heart disease.
- Monthly high-dose vitamin D supplementation does not prevent cardiovascular diseaseResults of a large randomized trial indicate that monthly high-dose vitamin D supplementation does not prevent cardiovascular disease, according to a study published by JAMA Cardiology.
- Yo-yo dieting may raise death risk for people with heart diseaseResearchers have associated fluctuations in body weight with greater risk of heart attack, stroke, and death for people with coronary heart disease.