Has your dog just been diagnosed with a heart complaint? Don’t despair! Although heart disease in dogs is incurable, it can be managed and in some cases much of the damage can be reversed. There are natural remedies and herbs for dogs that can help prevent heart disease and improve the health of dogs who may have already sustained some heart damage. So let’s have a look at how we can do this. Prevention is definitely better […]Read more
Category Archives: Animals
- Preterm birth linked to higher risk of heart failureBabies born preterm run a higher risk of heart failure during childhood and adolescence than those born at full term, researchers at Karolinska Institutet in Sweden report.
- Chocolate may cut risk of irregular heartbeat by a fifthA little bit of what you fancy really does do you good; researchers say that moderate chocolate intake may reduce the risk of atrial fibrillation.
- Genes responsible for severe congenital heart disease identified by researchersThe first known identification of two genes responsible for hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS), a severe congenital heart defect, has been reported by researchers at the University of Pittsburgh...
- Obstructive sleep apnea might lead to irregular heartbeatPatients with obstructive sleep apnea may face a greater risk of atrial fibrillation, or irregular, rapid heartbeat, new research suggests.
- Chronic anabolic steroid use may damage heart, arteriesLong-term anabolic-androgenic steroid use may reduce the heart's ability to pump blood throughout the body, according to new research in the American Heart Association's journal Circulation.
- New research could help develop drugs to better address heart problems in diabeticsResearch published in Experimental Physiology shows that diabetes-induced changes in heartbeat are primarily regulated by the β1-adrenoceptor.
- Does moderate drinking really protect against heart disease? A new review finds the existing research to be biased and suggests that moderate drinking does not stave off heart disease after all.
- Heart failure and stroke identified as lethal combinationHeart failure patients with previous stroke had greater risks of depression, hospitalisation and death.
- Eating more fruits and vegetables may lower risk of blockages in leg arteriesEating three or more servings of fruit and vegetables per day may lower your risk of developing peripheral artery disease (PAD), according to new research in Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular...
- Can you be healthy and have obesity? Not really, says major studyThe largest study of its kind to date investigates the idea of 'healthy obesity' and deems it a myth. Obese people are still at a higher risk of illness.