What is cholesterol? The Hypercet cholesterol Formula allows you …Read more
Category Archives: Cholesterol
High cholesterol is a growing concern for many people. You or someone you know may have been diagnosed with high cholesterol and prescribed medication to treat it. And while these medications can be lifesaving, it’s important to understand how they work and what side effects you may encounter. Most of the time, your physician will ask you to make lifestyle changes before prescribing a medication. For many people a change in diet or exercise program will automatically […]Read more
You’ve just gotten your blood work in the mail and it turns out your cholesterol is over 200. Before you head to the pharmacy to pick up a cholesterol lowering medication, you should talk with your doctor about trying to reduce your cholesterol through lifestyle changes. One of the first things you can do is increase the fiber in your diet. Fiber comes from plants and helps to reduce the cholesterol in your blood. You can increase […]Read more
One of the most important numbers you can know about your heart is your blood pressure. This is the amount of force that your blood exerts on the walls of your blood vessels. When your blood pressure is high over a long period of time, it can put you at risk for heart disease. If you’re been diagnosed with high blood pressure – or you have a family history of high blood pressure – it’s important that […]Read more
Cholesterol is something that people have learned to fear. We spend a lot of time eating foods that don’t have much of it and we get our blood tested for it, but what is this strangesubstance that’s responsible for damaging our hearts? Cholesterol is material that’s waxy and fatty. It’s found in the blood and in all of the cells of the body. In fact, cholesterol can be a good thing – you’re supposed to have some. […]Read more
- Atrial fibrillation: List of medications for treatmentAtrial fibrillation (A-fib) causes a disruption in the regular rhythm of the heart. Learn about the benefits, risks, and side effects of medical treatment.
- What is cholesterol ratio and why is it important?In this article, learn about the difference between "good" and "bad" cholesterol. How do they affect the body? How can you manage high cholesterol?
- How do alcohol and caffeine affect A-fib?Learn how caffeine and alcohol may affect the heart and if they are triggers for A-fib. Is it safe to consume alcohol and caffeine with A-fib?
- Catheter ablation for A-fib: What to expectA catheter ablation is an invasive procedure used to correct an irregular heartbeat. In this article, find out the risks, benefits, and how to prepare.
- Novel link between unhealthy hearts and dementiaResearchers from National University Health System (NUHS) have discovered a link between cardiac diseases and brain dysfunction.
- 'Spray painting' shows promise as minimally invasive way to patch up the heartSpray painting biomaterials shows promise as a minimally invasive way to create a regenerative patch on the heart to repair tissue after heart attack.
- A simple fix to avoid some unnecessary coronary stentsPhysician researchers at Thomas Jefferson University suspect that some cases of coronary artery spasm go unrecognized and are incorrectly treated with stents.
- A-fib with RVR: Information, treatment, and managementIn this article, learn about the most common rhythm disorder of the heart, including how to reduce the risk of stroke and heart failure.
- Atrial fibrillation triggers: What can lead to an A-fib attack?In this article, learn about atrial fibrillation triggers, tips that may help to avoid triggers, lifestyle tips, and what may cause atrial fibrillation.
- A-fib and exercise: Health benefits and risksHow can someone with atrial fibrillation keep fit safely? In this article, we look at the best methods to reduce symptoms and improve heart health.