What is cholesterol? The Hypercet cholesterol Formula allows you … WPMasterControlPROV2 Stop 99% of Hackers and Bad Traffic BEFORE they hit your site / server. Traffic Shield will not only help secure your site but also speed up your site by moving it to one of the worlds best Security and CDN (Content Delivery Networks) in the world. Take tVideo Auto Profits – Easiest Way To Generate Monthly income “Video Auto Profits” by Josh Ratta and Todd […]Read more
Category Archives: Cholesterol
High cholesterol is a growing concern for many people. You or someone you know may have been diagnosed with high cholesterol and prescribed medication to treat it. And while these medications can be lifesaving, it’s important to understand how they work and what side effects you may encounter. Most of the time, your physician will ask you to make lifestyle changes before prescribing a medication. For many people a change in diet or exercise program will automatically […]Read more
You’ve just gotten your blood work in the mail and it turns out your cholesterol is over 200. Before you head to the pharmacy to pick up a cholesterol lowering medication, you should talk with your doctor about trying to reduce your cholesterol through lifestyle changes. One of the first things you can do is increase the fiber in your diet. Fiber comes from plants and helps to reduce the cholesterol in your blood. You can increase […]Read more
One of the most important numbers you can know about your heart is your blood pressure. This is the amount of force that your blood exerts on the walls of your blood vessels. When your blood pressure is high over a long period of time, it can put you at risk for heart disease. If you’re been diagnosed with high blood pressure – or you have a family history of high blood pressure – it’s important that […]Read more
Cholesterol is something that people have learned to fear. We spend a lot of time eating foods that don’t have much of it and we get our blood tested for it, but what is this strangesubstance that’s responsible for damaging our hearts? Cholesterol is material that’s waxy and fatty. It’s found in the blood and in all of the cells of the body. In fact, cholesterol can be a good thing – you’re supposed to have some. […]Read more
- Greater emphasis on preventing, treating heart disease in women neededWomen and physicians do not put enough emphasis on cardiovascular disease in women, and a social stigma regarding body weight may be a primary barrier to these important discussions, according to...
- Humans retain genes for coronary artery disease because they make for more prolific parentsGenome-wide scans suggest that natural selection keeps these genes in the population as they benefit childbearing capacity.
- Breast-feeding mothers at lower risk of heart disease, strokeMothers who breast-feed their babies may reduce their risk of heart disease and stroke in later life, especially if they breast-feed for longer durations.
- Could a cholesterol-lowering vaccine replace statins?Researchers reveal the development of a vaccine that successfully reduced 'bad' cholesterol and atherosclerosis in mice. It is now being tested in humans.
- Dairy: Is it good or bad for you?There are numerous arguments for and against dairy consumption, with some experts regarding dairy intake as harmful. Is dairy good or bad for our health?
- Heart failure: Stem cell therapy may worsen heart damageFor heart failure patients, research suggests that using cardiac stem cells for autologous stem cell therapy may exacerbate heart tissue damage.
- New screening tool helps ID heart surgery patients at risk for malnutritionSimple risk score guides surgeons in providing nutrition support sooner and more aggressively.
- Sex-specific cardiovascular drug dosages needed to reduce adverse reactions in womenSex-specific cardiovascular drug dosages are needed to reduce adverse reactions in women, according to a position paper from the European Society of Cardiology published in European Heart Journal ...
- Does the sound of airplanes raise blood pressure risk?A new study investigates the effect of long-term exposure to aircraft noise on the risk of high blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmia, and stroke.
- Diabetes drug found to reduce heart and kidney disease riskA large-scale study finds that a blood sugar-reducing drug for type 2 diabetes also has cardiovascular benefits and reduces the risk of kidney disease.