Adult-onset diabetes (Type II Diabetes Mellitus) has an insidious cause that most conventional doctors know nothing about: the mind and emotions. This cause is well-known in metaphysical circles and it is common knowledge there that to remove the cause is to cure the disease. To determine what could have caused your own diabetes, look back to when it started. What was going on in your life at that time? Be really honest with yourself and look deeply […]Read more
Category Archives: Articles
Read Another Great Article: What You Should Expect Having Open Heart Surgery: A Patient’s Perspective
Having open heart surgery can be frightening, but sometimes there is no other choice. Heart surgery can resolve various heart conditions that would otherwise be fatal. There are various solutions to correct defective heart valves, repair aneurysms, unclog or bypass arteries, implant stents, and in the most critical cases replace an entire heart. Some people are diagnosed with a heart condition and plan their open heart surgery on their terms while others are subjected to emergency surgery […]Read more
Read Another Great Article: Fruits For Diabetics – Learn Which Fruits Diabetics Should Eat and How to Eat Them
Should Diabetics Eat Fruit? This is a tricky question. On the one hand, most of the calories in fruit come from carbohydrates which of course is something diabetics have to watch very closely or their blood sugar may spike. Additionally, most fruits have a high glycemic index compared to low carb high protein foods. On the other hand, some fruits are extremely high in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber if eaten in their unadulterated raw form. There […]Read more
What is a stroke? Our brains are so complex, and the way they work is still such a mystery. It is not surprising that most of us go about our day without giving them much of a second thought. That all changes if you have a stroke. A stroke is an interruption of the blood flow within your brain that causes the death of brain cells. There are two ways this can happen: A blood clot can […]Read more
Sometimes people forget that a heart attack is a really major event. It can often be caused by heart disease, but also can be the result of surgery gone wrong or after a loss of blood, such as after an accident. Society as a whole is pretty ignorant about heart issues, even though heart problems are the UK’s biggest single killer; we all buy in to the myth that you have an attack, you convalesce, you return […]Read more
Diabetic neuropathy is one of the very serious complications of diabetes and it cannot be reversed. Thousands of diabetes patients who neglected their condition due to being unaware or just plain negligence have ended up with this severe problem. When the blood sugar levels in your body are too high, the body sends out signals. If these signals are routinely neglected and no attempt is made at getting the diabetes in check, in a matter of time, the […]Read more
There are several complications that can result from uncontrolled diabetes. Amputations, coma, nerve damage, etc. are all diabetes related complications. One of the most feared complications is blindness due to diabetes. It is a fact that 60 percent of blindness in the US are caused by diabetes. Diabetes is caused by insufficient insulin production or just a lack or cellular response to insulin. The cells need to absorb the glucose in the blood so that it can […]Read more
Read Another Great Article: Heart Disease – What Is The Difference Between Organic Heart Disease And Degenerative Heart Disease?
Although Heart Disease is the main cause of death in the Western World it is amazing how little the general public actually know about it. For example very few people realize that there isn’t just one type of Heart Disease. In fact there are at least ten different types and these fall into two distinct categories – Organic and Degenerative. The major difference between Organic and Degenerative Heart Disease is their causes. Organic refers to a situation […]Read more
Video games have been in the market for the last 35 years. They are a unique form of leisure because they encourage players to be part of the game’s characters. This, however, has both positive and negative effects on the player. Several studies have been published that explore the effects of video games on heart rate. In this article, I have tried to summarize the research conducted into the effects of video games on individual’s heart rate. […]Read more
- Atrial fibrillation: List of medications for treatmentAtrial fibrillation (A-fib) causes a disruption in the regular rhythm of the heart. Learn about the benefits, risks, and side effects of medical treatment.
- What is cholesterol ratio and why is it important?In this article, learn about the difference between "good" and "bad" cholesterol. How do they affect the body? How can you manage high cholesterol?
- How do alcohol and caffeine affect A-fib?Learn how caffeine and alcohol may affect the heart and if they are triggers for A-fib. Is it safe to consume alcohol and caffeine with A-fib?
- Catheter ablation for A-fib: What to expectA catheter ablation is an invasive procedure used to correct an irregular heartbeat. In this article, find out the risks, benefits, and how to prepare.
- Novel link between unhealthy hearts and dementiaResearchers from National University Health System (NUHS) have discovered a link between cardiac diseases and brain dysfunction.
- 'Spray painting' shows promise as minimally invasive way to patch up the heartSpray painting biomaterials shows promise as a minimally invasive way to create a regenerative patch on the heart to repair tissue after heart attack.
- A simple fix to avoid some unnecessary coronary stentsPhysician researchers at Thomas Jefferson University suspect that some cases of coronary artery spasm go unrecognized and are incorrectly treated with stents.
- A-fib with RVR: Information, treatment, and managementIn this article, learn about the most common rhythm disorder of the heart, including how to reduce the risk of stroke and heart failure.
- Atrial fibrillation triggers: What can lead to an A-fib attack?In this article, learn about atrial fibrillation triggers, tips that may help to avoid triggers, lifestyle tips, and what may cause atrial fibrillation.
- A-fib and exercise: Health benefits and risksHow can someone with atrial fibrillation keep fit safely? In this article, we look at the best methods to reduce symptoms and improve heart health.